About Me

My photo
We are 5 llamas, 4 Angora goats, 6 chickens, 2 dogs, 1 cat and 2 humans. We live in beautiful Sams Valley, Oregon and enjoy gardening, animal concerts and small children.

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Migrating Friends

Good morning all! I wanted to share with you this couple of geese who have taken to stopping by our yard. We have a pond next door to us, and another on the other side of our property. My hubby says it must be too long between ponds (it's about a mile :)) because they use our place as
a rest stop a couple of times each day. I love to watch them. First the female eats while the male keeps watch for predators, then they switch places. And boy do they make a racket when they are arriving or departing! Today I know they saw me sneak out on the deck, and they were good enough to let me photograph them. Such a lovely couple!

1 comment:

Artful Gathering said...

Thanks for sharing the photos. We have the same thing at our farm. We are between two ponds and about a mile apart and they like to stop in and see what we are up too and chat with our geese. Funny....

Thanks again, Dawn

dawn-pine-ridge.blogspot.com