About Me

My photo
We are 5 llamas, 4 Angora goats, 6 chickens, 2 dogs, 1 cat and 2 humans. We live in beautiful Sams Valley, Oregon and enjoy gardening, animal concerts and small children.

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Olivia's New Clothes




Hopefully, I'll be able to get this post to "take"...I think I am blogger-challenged! Anyhow, we finally finished shearing this last week and decided to try and "blanket" Olivia. Her coat is so fine and curly, but it has a lot of oil also. Consequently, EVERYTHING sticks to her...I call her my little "velcro goat". The other advantage of a blanket is it should help keep her warm and toasty in case the bigger goats kick her out of the barn. At least that's the idea. Now if i can just keep her from getting stuck on everything from fencing to doghouses....

4 comments:

Claire MW said...

I love Olivia's coat - it is similar to the coats I just made for some rescued chickens who are missing lots of feathers. They seem much happier to be outside in them. Are you going to start a business for goat-coats? I would buy one!

Candy Duell said...

Hey, I've tagged you for a meme (I dont exactly know what a meme is!) --- go see!

frugalmom said...

Olivia is soooo cute. In her little coat.....

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

lol! I bet the other goats are jealous of her new jazzy coat. lol!!
ust look at the way the other guy is looking at her.

She looks quite happy in her fancy coat, though. :)

By the way, I'm really enjoying your blog and look forward to visiting again soon.
Your yarns are beautiful!

~Lisa