About Me

My photo
We are 5 llamas, 4 Angora goats, 6 chickens, 2 dogs, 1 cat and 2 humans. We live in beautiful Sams Valley, Oregon and enjoy gardening, animal concerts and small children.

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A Roll in The Hay




Anyone for a "roll in the hay"? Apparently my llama Blue Skies was up for it! We prepared the barn for winter last weekend...cleaned out the hay barn, put down fresh straw (otherwise known as "junk food") dug a new drainage ditch, and generally cleaned stuff up. I was pretty proud of us! But the best part of this yearly process is the fact that it is the first in a series of what we call "hay days". There is nothing a llama loves better than a good roll...neck down, head rubbing, scratching the back, feet in the air! And till you've seen it...you haven't lived! It's almost impossible to catch them in the act, but my hubby got a pretty good shot of Blue Skies, so I thought I'd share it; along with a few other very happy, very dirty llama pics :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Diana, I just had to check out your blog to see Olivia. The llamas are adorable but after Miss Bee Haven's comment about her "daily dose of Olivia," I couldn't resist taking a peek. She is the cutest thing! Hope she's warming up to Mr. T. He is quite the handsome goat!

Your yarns are absolutely beautiful and your hubby's steel work is quite impressive too.

FYI: Deeredawn's computer has bit the dust. I'm sure she'll be so honored that you tagged her but if you haven't heard from her, that's why.

frolicnfibers said...

Livingwell, thanks for the news about Dawn's computer and for the compliments on Olivia...I'll be sure to let her know tomorrow! Also, I completely agree about The Wizard of Oz (it was the first movie I ever saw in color. What a surprise when Dorothy opened the door onto Oz!)

Rachelle said...

Hay there!
Followed you here via Hollywood.
Your llamas are a hoot! And what a cutie that sheepie is!!
I'll be back to visit soon!
Slainte~
Rachelle
ps- Happy Thanksgiving!

Dalyn said...

I love critters! Have always loved llamas...is it hard to trim feet?

frolicnfibers said...

Hi Dalyn! Yes, in fact so much so that I haven't done it in forever. But we have alot of crushed granite in their yards and they seem to wear down fine on their own. The goats are a different story. I trim them every few months, but of course they are much more manageable also :)

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

That last photo screams "Watch Out!" lol!
Blue Skies reminds me of my gelding, Catlinite. I used to line my barn floor with straw, but the animals fiber was impossible to get clean once sheared, so they now just have sand. They do have a favorite sand pit out in the paddock that they love to enjoy a good roll. I will have to try and take pic of that one day.

~Lisa