About Me

My photo
We are 5 llamas, 4 Angora goats, 6 chickens, 2 dogs, 1 cat and 2 humans. We live in beautiful Sams Valley, Oregon and enjoy gardening, animal concerts and small children.

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Waiting for the Barn, and Speed Sticks!

We are good friends with our Market neighbor Tim of Wood I Kid You?, and his wife and sister inlaw Judy and Donna of Threads of Magique. Today, I need to show off two fabulous gifts that we received from them. The first was a set of fabulous "Speed Sticks" which were made by Tim. He "loaned" them to me to "test" for him last Thursday. I swiftly set about making this fun and funky scarf, which took me under an hour to make, including fringe! Being an "instant gratification" kind of a gal, I said "Wow, this really is my speed!" I was so excited to report in on these life-changing needles, and to beg him to cut me a deal on them, that it didn't even register when he said to me "I made them for you...they're yours!" What a great guy he is, on top of being a great craftsman!

No sooner had I adjusted to receiving such a wonderful gift, than here came Donna and Judy to visit with us. I love it when they stop by, because there's always news of their latest projects and blogging adventures, and because they usually bring their doggie Nicky who is just such a cutie...I'm a sucker for a furry friend! Judy wanted to show us her newest creation, and when she unveiled it, I knew I was in love! It was a picturesque fiber art wall hanging, complete with four little furry goats, a pasture with a new fence, and new barn, and....wait a minute...that's OUR farm! I don't know what we did to deserve such lovely people in our lives. OK, enough of the mushy stuff...Let's get to Barn Building! Oh I almost forgot the best part! The label on our new wall hanging reads as follows:

Don't forget to stop by their shops at both Etsy and Artfire when you get the chance...they are well worth the look! http://www.threadsofmagique.etsy.com/
http://www.woodikidyou.etsy.com/

3 comments:

Amy Ellen said...

What awesome blessings, both in friends and gifts. The sheep are just too cute, on the picture.
Hugs
Amy

Wood I Kid You said...

What? those animals are still waiting? And I hear there's to be a bar-b-que to celebrate the barn completion. Keep us on the guest list. AND it was worth every minute of work when I saw the joy in your faces as you saw it. Judy & Donna

Queena said...

This should be perfect, I can't wait to try it out. Well written article! You should post it on Wacanai.com(http://www.wacanai.com/intro). They have a bunch of similar articles and you can link it back to your website. I have one posted on it and it is awesome because they give you some graphs to put on your page to track how many people read your article and it tells you how useful they thought it was. I think a lot of people could use to read your stuff and I think this will help get your articles out there more!