About Me

My photo
We are 5 llamas, 4 Angora goats, 6 chickens, 2 dogs, 1 cat and 2 humans. We live in beautiful Sams Valley, Oregon and enjoy gardening, animal concerts and small children.

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Growth!

The coolest thing about this past week is that we have our first "new barn inhabitants"! We moved the new chicks into the new chicken coop this past weekend, and they are really enjoying themselves. It seems as though they have doubled in size over the last few days, and they are starting to do real chicken things, like cluck, peck and scratch! They look so gangly and awkward right now, that they are really a kick to watch. We're going to give it another day, and then introduce them to the big bad outside world. One or two days later we'll bring in the big girls and see how the two co-mingle. Keep your pointy chicken toes crossed!



The other development is that we finally got the upper rafters and joists up on the "top" barn roof (hopefully this will put an end to the "barn roof nightmares" that I've been having). One of the pics shows me way up in the air, weilding my trusty hammer. Now, I really do feel like a contractor...but I still get scared...what a weenie :)

3 comments:

threadsofmagique said...

I can see the barn gowing up.
I have my bib on ready for the Bar-B-Que. Judy

Kris said...

The barn is looking good! And so are the chickies.

Kris

Amy Ellen said...

Wow your barn is really coming along!!! It looks good!