About Me

My photo
We are 5 llamas, 4 Angora goats, 6 chickens, 2 dogs, 1 cat and 2 humans. We live in beautiful Sams Valley, Oregon and enjoy gardening, animal concerts and small children.

Monday, June 1, 2009

Have Goat Will Travel


As my blogger friend Claire said, "I have been a bad bad blogger!" and I do apologize for my absence. It's just been one of those months when time gets away and is somehow lost completely! We had a call from our wonderful goat people at Ronan Country Fibers, saying they needed their spare pasture and was there any way we could come and get T and Badger? At the same time someone turned on the Ornamental Iron Business switch, and all of a sudden my husband has way more work than he can handle. That means work on the barn comes to a screeching halt, and I do Markets and Farmwork until things get under control. The new fencing is not yet done and the new barn not yet completed, so we need to manufacture goat housing in a hurry!

But long story short, we finally got to go Goat Shopping, and ended up purchasing two lovely ladies to keep Mr. T company! Their official names are Satin and Ivory, but we have nicknamed them Sadie and Ivy, and they are pretty as they can be, although pretty shy...so I'm working on loosening them up a little. So far, as close as they will let me get, is talking through the goat feeder...and of course at that point they are being occupied by food, so are generally content!


We really did not intend to purchase the girls when we went to pick up Mr. T and Badger (famous last words!), but as fate had it, I fell in love with our two girls, mother and daughter, and so we squeezed everyone in. We were driving the Jimmy, so the ride home was a new experience, with my husband, myself, three goats and a very large dog! Here are a few pics of our adventure in "goat transport". Outside of a little poop in the door handle everything went amazingly well. I'm thinking of starting another business called "Have Goat Will Travel".








3 comments:

threadsofmagique said...

And I thought our life was crazy! Love your pictures!

monica said...

I have to say as a spinner, what lovely fiber!!!

Split Rock Ranch said...

Too cute!